What Is PQQ?
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (“PQQ”) is a micronutrient once thought to be a vitamin. It has the ability to be a REDOX agent and is capable of circulating in the human body to continuously combat free radicals. With its ability to transfer electrons, PQQ is essential for the mitochondria to produce energy and it stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis. This biogenesis process has been linked to health benefits such as increased longevity and improved energy. Concentration of PQQ occurs naturally in many leafy greens and legumes, and it is the most concentrated in human milk.
PureQQTM is a trademarked product produced by Weifang Shengyu Pharm Co., Ltd., marketed by Nascent Health Sciences, LLC. PureQQTM is available in two forms, Disodium Salt & Acid. Both forms are synthesized from α-Ketoglutaric acid which is an important biological compound in the Krebs cycle. PureQQTM offers the highest purity of its kind, >99%, and it is the only PQQ that has been FDA GRAS (“generally recognized as safe”) for use in food and beverages.
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Disodium Salt
Stable in slight heat and humidity
Publications & Research Studies
For additional information and a deeper look at the science of PureQQTM, please contact a Nascent Health specialist, and you may also reference our library of published studies on PQQ below.
- PQQ – A Novel Human Essential Nutrient
- Life Extension Magazine: Three Steps to Reverse Mitochondrial Aging
- Mito Action: The Mito Cocktail Explained
- Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry: Dietary PQQ alters indicators of inflammation and mitochondrial related metabolism
- Effects of Oral Supplementation with PQQ on Stress, Fatigue, and Sleep
- Effects of Orally Administered PQQ Disodium Salt on Dry Skin Conditions
- Effects of PQQ Disodium Salt Intake on Serum Cholesterol Levels
- Covalently bound PQQ is the organic prosthetic group in human placental lysyl oxidase
- PQQ Improves Memory in Middle Aged Adults