Food Ingredient – Technical Sales
Nascent Health Science – US Location
Food Ingredient Technical Sales – The ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively with commercial and operations personnel in order to achieve the regional profit and growth goals. Attention to supplier relationships, including utilization of the support staff, internal collaboration, and account management are all essential strengths.
Remote /home office-based position. Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts and/or region. The candidate will manage all aspects of the relationship with customers, including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements. The candidate will be charged with achieving organic growth while ensuring that existing customers are retained as long-term partners.
Experience in or a strong working knowledge of the food, beverage and health food industry, selling to industrial food manufacturers, specialty food ingredient experience and health food and nutritional market sales are preferred specifically in the sweetener and carbohydrate space. An understanding of the various food and beverage applications and related products and services is essential.
Essential Duties, Experience and Responsibilities:
- Commercial B2B experience.
- Present and sell company products to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific customer targets.
- Provide support to existing distributors.
- Follow-up on new sales leads and referrals resulting from trade show and marketing activity.
- Conduct benefit-selling presentations using value propositions based on specific customer situations.
- Establish and maintain current client and develop potential client relationships.
- Identify and resolve client concerns, technical, logistic, product and pricing issues.
- Prepare status reports, including activity, sales forecasts, follow-up, and adherence to goals and objectives.
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows and related conferences.
- Achieve established sales growth volume and revenue objectives.
- Be willing and able to travel to Asia and other markets outside the US as required.
- Stay current in industry news and trends by involvement in industry events, tradeshows as approved, social outings, seminars, memberships in industry organizations and magazine subscriptions.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all accounts with account profiles on designated key accounts. Work with, influence and establishing a business relationship with all influencers and decision makers at assigned accounts.
- On a regular basis, communicate with sales and marketing management, product managers and technical personnel to ensure the kind of support needed to secure new business in the marketplace.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in food science or related degree from a four-year college or university is required. A technical degree is preferred. The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in the food or related industry with field technical and or sales experience in specialty food ingredients preferred.
Job Type: Full-time